ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Our client is a Registered Training Provider and CRICOS Provider committed to deliver high quality education to its students. Our client offers a range of courses and provides students with a choice of study modes.A RTO based in Cairns that delivers quality training in Hospitality, Early Childhood Education & Care, Ageing Support, Construction, Carpentry and Construction Waterproofing. This organisation have established supportive and engaging training that is relevant to not only employment but enhancing life skills.
Currently seeking a passionate, motivated contract trainer & assessor to join their small friendly team to train in Construction. The position involves delivering combined delivery training including classroom, workplace, high school and online.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Enrol students into their chosen course
- Deliver training and assessment to students, face-to-face in a classroom, high school, workplace and online
- Establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with students, parents, schools, employers and stakeholders
- Maintain student records to ensure compliance
- Attend regular meetings with key clients and stakeholders
- Assist with compliance requirements in relation to learning and assessment resources
- Maintain a high level of personal presentation
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate I in Construction
- Industry experience
- Current vocational currency and competencies in the subject matter
- Experience with classroom delivery, school-based trainees and face-to-face workplace delivery methods
- Experience with indigenous and multicultural students
- Ability to recognise and communicate business development opportunities
- Self-motivated, flexible and energetic, with a positive outlook
- Excellent organisation, communication and people skills both verbally and written
- High attention to detail and strong administration and computer skills (MS Office)
- Current driver’s license and own reliable vehicle
- Current Working with Children – Positive Notice Blue Card
- Working knowledge of Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) 2015
- Maintain professional development as per ASQA requirements, including maintaining industry currency and vocational competencies to the level of delivery and assessment
- Ability to contribute to the operations and “I can make a difference attitude”
- Minimum of 2 year’s current and relevant industry experience – in the specific vocational areas of training.
- Be familiar and able to comply with the Inter-cultural awareness and have a flexible attitude.
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
Please include a cover letter and the position you are applying for.
Applications close: 6th April 2020
Please note that interviews will commence immediately so please do not wait to apply!