Our client is a private training provider , with its head office and a campus located in Melbourne CBD, and additional campuses in Port Melbourne and Hobart. They deliver Vocational Education Training courses at various Australian Qualification Framework levels in addition to English language intensive courses for overseas students.
A newly developed opportunity to join an established and expanding VET College in the heart of the city. The Training and Compliance Coordinator will work closely with the RTO Training and Compliance Manager to achieve the overall operational and strategic goals of the College, and to provide effective training management of the RTO with a focus on quality learning outcomes for Students.
They are seeking a highly motivated Training and Compliance Coordinator who has a proven compliance history in the VET sector to coordinate our compliance systems, audits, assist with continuous improvement and documentation and other duties as required.
The Training and Compliance Coordinator is responsible for the training and compliance coordination and administration, supervision of teaching staff, coordination of the design, development, delivery, evaluation and continuous improvement of their courses offered at multiple campus/es.
The role is based in Melbourne’s CBD and close to public transport.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Plan, conduct and continually review the training & assessment of vocational education and training in a process of continuous improvement and in accordance with the national training package, SRTO2015 and National Code 2018.
- Manage the development, implementation and review of learning resources including training and assessment strategy for individual programs, plans, learner support process, assessment systems and tools, program evaluation and feedback instruments, and reporting processes.
- To develop a best practice model of vocational training and enhance the development and delivery for students and to be recognised within the sector as a quality training provider.
- Identify, timetable and manage teaching requirements and decide on the deployment of staffing and program resources within delegated budgets.
- Monitor and regularly evaluate the quality of training delivery across all programs to ensure quality education and support for students at OIC. Coordinate the intervention and successful completion of courses, ensuring all requirements are met by Trainers & Assessors, as well as students.
- Ensuring the Blended Learning Model (including 30% online for VET Programs) is followed through the adequate usage of the Learning Management System (Google Classroom) and participation of the learners for the same.
- Ensuring all training and assessments are mapped against course competencies in both planning the course and in finalising course completions before graduation.
- Coordinating development of learning material, assessment tools and validation.
- Assisting in coordinating excursions or special events.
- Coordinate with the Student Support Team regarding the student requests for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfers.
- Professional development and mentoring of Trainers.
- Coordinate the development, review, modification and continuous improvement of teaching and assessment procedures and processes for various contexts.
- Ensure OIC Website is updated reflecting current courses and policies relating to students with support from the ICT service provider.
- Ensure information in the Student Handbook is current students receive their information prior to attending class in coordination with Quality Team Coordinator and Administration Manager.
- Coordinate preparation of necessary files and information for audits.
- Ensure that OIC policies, procedures, forms and all training and assessment related documentation is developed and maintained to AQF, National Code 2018, ESOS Act and SRTO2015 standards.
- Actively participate in organisational meetings, events and functions.
- Prepare content for tenders and submission for the identified Grants and Tender.
- Organise the annual graduation of OIC students across courses.
Key Selection Criteria
- Relevant qualifications including the TAE40116 & up to 3 years’ experience in a training coordination role VET.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- the VET sector with an understanding of managing training and in the design and delivery of educational programs.
- the team leadership and ability to create a high performing team.
- managing and/or participating in compliance audits with ASQA and/or state funding departments.
- Ability to gain support and cooperation from others.
- Oral and written communication skills including report/ tender writing, facilitation and public speaking.
- Demonstrated planning, co-ordination and resource management skills, including the proven ability to analyse situations and implement workable solutions.
Negotiable, depending on experience
- Cover letter addressing Key Selection Criteria.
- Resume detailing current qualifications and experience;
- Copies of relevant industry qualifications
Applications close: 7th January 2020
Please note interviews will commence immediately, please do not wait until the application close date to apply.