ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
The Barber Academy Australia is committed to training, educating and nurturing students to become skilled professionals.
Our courses are designed so that students receive the perfect blend of practical and theory in a style that’s both informative and fun.
We are seeking qualified and experienced Barbers in multiple locations. Whether you are an experienced and qualified Trainer or you have recently decided training is your next career move, we want to hear from you! We hope to meet confident and passionate trainers who can pass on their creative skills to students in an engaging and innovative way.
Gold Coast, Brisbane & Sunshine Coast
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Implement learning and assessment strategies for students in our Training Salon and apprenticeships programs.
- Deliver practical training sessions on a regular basis.
- Conduct practical assessments as required.
- Maintain accurate and compliant student records.
- Mark theory assessments within required timeframes and provide feedback to students.
- Monitor student progression to ensure unit and course completion targets are met.
- Complete administration duties according to Company policy and procedures.
- Provide an excellent educational experience to our students.
- Ensure our graduating students meet the Academy’s expected standards for employment.
- Create an engaging and interactive learning environment ensuring each student is treated with care, honesty, and integrity.
- Comply with policies and procedures as outlined in the Trainer Handbook and The Barber Academy Student Handbook.
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Computer Skills – MS Office suite, Student Management systems.
- Current, relevant industry experience.
- Ability to create a dynamic and engaging learning environment providing the highest level of the student experience.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Certificate III in Barbering or higher
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment.
- Blue card/Working with Children Check
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Opportunity for a permanent part-time or full-time position
- Professional Development
- Fun, social and vibrant team culture
Negotiable, depending on experience
Please email a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 30/09/2020