ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Celebrating 25 years as an RTO. Later this year our Melbourne based client is looking to expand in NSW, particularly around the Sydney metropolitan area.
Their Smart and Skilled contract provides a good opportunity to grow the business in alignment with Government priorities.
Seeking qualified and experienced trainers to support delivery in Parks & Gardens (AHC31016), Production Horticulture (AHC30616) and Landscape Construction (AHC30916).
The RTO’s delivery model requires much of the training to happen in the workplace, so candidates need to have reliable transport, and be prepared to work a large part of the time away from their Penrith office. The nature of these qualifications obviously requires that you will be familiar and comfortable with working outdoors.
There are the usual responsibilities and expectations of a Trainer/Assessor in the VET system, and if you’re that type of person we’re looking for, you already pretty much know all about them.
The Sydney office is small, so it is critical that the successful candidate also demonstrates the willingness and ability to take ownership of the program, to support the NSW Manager in ensuring quality delivery to clients, and to be passionate about following through on commitments.
The range of things that will be done with the team will satisfy all your expectations of a training career. The position will initially be contract/sessional, but for the right candidate, the organisation hopes that in due course the job will become permanent full-time.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Qualified in TAE (40110 or 40116)
- Qualified or very well experienced in AHC30616, AHC31016 and AHC30916, or similar quals from the Training Package.
- Ability to work independently albeit with full admin and management support
- Ability to engage with the students in a way that makes their learning practical and enjoyable
- Ability to engage with employers and business owners to ensure they understand their role in supporting the learners to get the most out of the training
- Demonstrated experience in training in this field, for either a corporate or RTO
- Ability to manage collection of assessments in accordance with timetables
- A CV and recent PD that shows you know how to protect your personal IP in the industry these days
Negotiable depending on experience.
Please include a cover letter and relevant qualifications.
Applications close: 6th April 2020
Please note that suitable candidates will be contacted for interviews immediately so please do not wait for the closing date to apply as you might miss out on this great opportunity!