Our client is a training and apprenticeships provider based in Sydney. This reputable provider offers training to its students to help take their career to the next level with specialised electrical and telecommunications courses.
They are currently seeking an Electrical Trainer to deliver training to electrical apprentices ranging from 1st to 4th year.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Deliver structured, flexible, relevant and engaging training sessions
- Assist all students to achieve their training goals
- Support students to complete their courses as per their training plans and course schedules
- Develop and deliver courses in accordance with training packages and industry requirements
- Ensure all training resources are current and are compliant
- Participate in and contribute to validation and moderation
- Complete and maintain all training records accurately and document assessment results for submission
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the training department and wider organisation
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on the VET sector and regulatory requirements
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Electrical licence in any Australian State or Territory
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment or equivalent
- Previous experience delivering electrical training to apprentices
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Cope well with a changing environment
- Sound knowledge of workplace safety requirements
- Knowledge in the various training categories offered by the training provider including:
- NSW Accredited Service Provider
- Solar Grid – Battery storage
- Industry training including estimating, testing and safety
- Sound knowledge of statutory regulations related to training in the electrical industry
- A high level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
- Experience delivering other training relevant to the electrical contracting or energy industries
Negotiable, depending on experience
Applications close: 4th March 2020
Please note interviews will commence immediately, please do not wait until the application close date to apply.