ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Advance your career opportunities within our innovative and dynamic boutique RTO where Hairdressing and Beauty is our business.
Elysian Institute of Beauty and Complementary Studies is one of the newest Urban styled Beauty and Hairdressing Training Schools on the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Brisbane.
We are seeking an exceptional Trainer/Assessor to deliver our Certificate III in Hairdressing as part of our apprenticeship program.
They would ideally be both an amazing trainer and Hairdresser with the ability to pass on their creative skills to students in an engaging and innovative way.
There may be opportunities to expand the position and could lead to full time.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Implement learning and assessment strategies for students in our Training Salon and apprenticeships programs.
- Deliver practical training sessions on a regular basis.
- Conduct practical assessments as required.
- Maintain accurate and compliant student records.
- Mark theory assessments within required timeframes and provide feedback to students.
- Monitor student progression to ensure unit and course completion targets are met.
- Complete administration duties according to Company policy and procedures.
- Provide an excellent educational experience to Elysian students.
- Ensure our graduating students meet the Elysian expected standards for employment.
- Create an engaging and interactive learning environment ensuring each student is treated with care, honesty, and integrity.
- Comply with policies and procedures as outlined in the Trainer Handbook and Elysian Institute Student Handbook.
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Computer Skills – MS Office suite, Student Management systems.
- Current, relevant Beauty industry experience.
- Ability to create a dynamic and engaging learning environment providing the highest level of the student experience.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment.
- Certificate III in Hairdressing or higher
- Blue card/Working with Children Check.
Negotiable depending on experience
Please email a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 20/09/2020