ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Our client is a reputable RTO and CRICOS provider that has been delivering building and construction qualifications for over ten years, has over 6000 domestic and international graduates and are specialists in their field.
Delivering industry-recognised courses from Certificate III in various trades through to Diploma in Building and Construction, they are committed to providing high-quality, world-class education.
Due to the ongoing growth and transformation of their organisation, our client is seeking an experienced Trainer & Assessor – Carpentry at their Cannington campus. In this role, the successful candidate will deliver professional, high quality, training delivery and assessment for students enrolled in Certificate III in Carpentry.
- Plan and prepare session plans and resources in readiness for training delivery
- Deliver training and conduct assessments for assigned client groups
- Provide an engaging, supportive and learner-focused learning environment
- Make considered assessment judgements on the skills and knowledge of learners and determine their competence
- With a meticulous eye for detail, provide accurate training records for assigned course participants
- Provide support, encouragement and compassion to course participants as necessary
- Ensure all compliance requirements are met
- Attend regular meetings
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- TAE40116 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or higher)
- Certificate III in Carpentry or Certificate III in Carpentry and Joinery
- A minimum of 5 years working as a Carpenter or Carpenter and Joiner
- Demonstrated knowledge of theoretical and practical foundations in Carpentry
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor learners
- Demonstrated experience working with culturally diverse clients
- Current industry experience
- Passion for sharing your industry experience with international students
- Computer literacy, particularly MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to accurately complete required documentation in accordance with detailed time frames
- A current National Police Clearance, or ability to obtain one
- A current Working with Children Check, or ability to obtain one
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
Please email your application to email@example.com
Please include your resume and a cover letter outlining:
- The position you are applying for
- RTO experience
- Relevant qualifications and experience
- Experience with online/face-to-face/workplace training delivery
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact our Recruitment Manager Claudia Simeone on 1800 266 160.
Applications close: 24/07/2020