ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Our client is based in the West of Melbourne and is the largest Catholic senior school for students in Victoria specialising in VCE, VCAL and VET studies. In 2011, the Trade Training Centre opened on the College site, further enhancing the opportunities for students throughout the region.
This position is a 6 month contract position delivering the Certificate II in Hospitality- front of house on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver approved courses of study in line with the learning outcomes/ competencies for the unit/s as per the unit details and its accrediting body;
- Meet the RTO requirements;
- Meet VCE guidelines for the VCAA and College.
- Liaise with VET Co-Ordinator to provide on-going feedback to students with regards to their academic progress and course/ school guidelines
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of every student’s attendance and Ensure that safety procedures are developed, demonstrated and enforced
- Understand and enforce the school’s behavioural management policy
- Establish an environment in the classroom where excellence can flourish safely.
- Ensure that all students have equipment and materials provided in order to successfully complete the course
- Attend meetings, which may include: learning area meetings, Trade Training Centre meetings, Staff meetings, etc.
- Provide education, which aligns with Catholic Social Teaching and Ethos of the
- Maintain an efficient system for use and allocation of materials and equipment
- Maintain equipment and classroom
- Other duties as required by the Principal
Occupational Health and Safety
- Hold a current Working With Children card
- Required to complete a 1st Aid certificate
- VIT registration (Permission to Teach)
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment – TAE40110
- Abide by the College OH&S policies and procedures
- Abide by the College dress code
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- Certificate II Hospitality SIT20316 or higher
- At minimum 6 months industry experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working with Children check
- VIT registration or Permission to teach
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
Please include a cover letter and relevant qualifications.
Applications close: 6th April 2020