ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
An RTO specialising in Health, Community Services, Mental Health, Ageing Support, Alcohol and Other Drugs and Business courses. These courses are offered Australia wide and are delivered by qualified Trainers who are practitioners with extensive experience in their Industry areas. In Victoria they offer subsided and funded places – also in traineeships.
The organisation is dedicated to provide a meaningful learning experience by giving their students as much control as possible over what, when, where and how they learn.
Two positions have become available for experienced Student Service Administration Officers. One position is available for the RTO’s St Kilda office and the other position is for the Corryong office. The positions are to commence as a casual employment with full time hours. For the right candidates the positions both have opportunity to become permanent full time.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Recording and reporting of student data
- Organise training facilities
- Data entry and issuance of statement of attainments for participants training in the accredited training programs.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the students, trainers and stakeholders.
- Producing reports, graphs, teaching aids, course materials, fliers and publicity documents in relation to the accredited programs.
- Set up and provide administrative and practical support for courses conducted by Facilitators in a range of accredited training programs.
- Maintain and develop appropriate databases for student inquiries, attendance and participation using in house applications.
- Assist in the organisation of staff training including moderation, validation or professional development for the accredited training programs where needed.
- Ensure compliance to national standards of training, assessment and marketing material in relation to the accredited training program.
- Enrol, result and where allowed to assist with issue certification to participants using the student management system.
- Finance responsibilities
- Participate in professional development
- Produce and action reports as required
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures where needed for the RTO.
- Induct new staff on administrative procedures as required.
- Contribute to the ongoing quality improvement of the RTO.
- Actively participate and maintain online social media platforms such as and not exclusive to – Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, AIFL website* ensuring a post on a minimum weekly basis.
- Provide reception back-up as required.
- To work on special projects as directed by the General Manager / Operational Manager / CEO.
- Daily confirmation and preparation for training schedules and appointments.
- Thorough and detailed checking and filing of necessary documentation for the operation and audit of the RTO
- Scheduling and collation of client requirements, including learner guides and training plans.
- Administrative processing assistance for funding proposals and collation of tender documents.
- To read and understand relevant legislation and Acts as per induction checklist.
- For those with access and data reporting – check SVTS daily.
- Communicate contract updates and relevant SVTS comms to relevant staff.
- Performance improvement initiatives.
- Run internal reports from SMS to ensure AIFL is not exceeding the course commencements under the contract.
- Qualifications in Business Administration and/or short courses in Microsoft applications.
- Additionally, the employee will possess the comprehensive range of skills specified in the Key Selection Criteria.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience as an administrative officer in the education / RTO sector will be viewed positively.
- Maintain proficient intermediate skills in the use of the latest versions of Windows, MS Office Suite particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of quality management systems, student management systems, use of online social media and basic website knowledge.
- ExpErience in a busy environment, with competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of IT systems is viewed positively
The (prospective) employee will be required to:
- Provide evidence of entitlement to work in Australia, the maintenance of such entitlement being critical to continuance in the role.
- Undertake a working with Children and Police Check prior to being offered the position, and on a yearly basis.
- Preparedness to work occasional evenings – if required for information sessions and if needed for out of office trips.
Negotiable depending on experience.
Please include a cover letter and relevant qualifications.
Applications close: 13th March 2020
These positions are for immediate start so please do not wait to apply. Interviews will commence immediately for shortlisted candidates.