ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Maritime Training school (MTS) is a company on the rise. We have been operating since 2009 with courses running in Sydney Harbour, Gosford, Canberra, Tweed Heads and now WA. Our team currently consists of 5 dedicated trainers and 2 administrators. MTS runs boat and PWC courses every Saturday and Sunday in various locations. Sydney, Canberra and Gosford. In addition, we have partners in WA and Tweed Heads who are facilitating boat, PWC and qualification courses.
We are currently growing the commercial qualification area with conducting Coxswain 1, Coxswain 2, General Purpose Hand and Exemption 38 courses. MTS will soon be including Master <24m Med 3, which consists of blended online/practical training course delivery.
Marine School Trainer that is the minimum TAE Cert IV certified that could teach General Boat License, PWC and commercial qualification courses.
MTS is looking for a Sydney based enthusiastic and driven individual that wants to become part of a small business team looking to expand its student base nationally.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Facilitating 1 day face to face boat and PWC Training Courses
- Facilitating face to face commercial qualification Training Courses
- Participation in continuous improvement of course training material
- Conducting practical boat tuition on MTS training vessels such as 6.5m Brig Inflatables
- Conduct online marking where required
- Vessel maintenance
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- firefighting and first aid training experience
- private boat training experience
- experience in face to face general boat/jetski license training
- experience in face to face commercial qualification course training
- adequate computer skills that can operate an online software system
- AMPA assessor
- high customer service focus integrity
- flexibility and adaptability to changing working environment
- be involved in MTS growth strategies
- a positive can-do attitude
Qualifications & other requirements (essential)
- current TAE40116 or equivalent
- minimum Coxswain 1 qualification
- Must be available to work Saturdays and / or Sundays
Salary is based on an hourly rate of between $35-$40/h
If this sounds like the job for you, please contact Dijla Koutsouras on 0429 431 587 between the hours of 9 am and 1 pm. Or send your resume and application letter to Dijla@maritimetrainingschool.com.au
Applications close 31st August 2020.