This role is to train and assess senior secondary students in the specialised VET subject. The position is offered as a 0.5 FTE, this equates to about 2 and a half days of work. These days will consist of teaching classes and maintaining the college edible garden.
VET Trainers are a member of the Vocational Training learning area and reporting to the VOC Learning Leader and Area Convenor with regards to curriculum delivery and student engagement. The Trainer is responsible for the overall delivery and supervision of the training program.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Our client is based in the West of Melbourne and is the largest Catholic senior school for students in Victoria specialising in VET studies for VCE and VCAL students . In 2011, the Trade Training Centre opened on the College site, further enhancing the opportunities for students throughout the region.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To deliver approved courses of study in line with the learning outcomes/ competencies for the unit/s as per the unit details and its accrediting body;
- Meet the RTO requirements;
- Meet VCE guidelines for the VCAA and Catholic Regional College Sydenham;
- Liaise with VET Coordinator to provide on-going feedback to students with regards to their academic progress and course/ school guidelines
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of every student’s attendance and achievement
- Ensure that safety procedures are developed, demonstrated and enforced
- Understand and enforce the school’s behavioral management policy
- Establish an environment in the classroom where excellence can flourish safely.
- Ensure that all students have equipment and materials provided in order to successfully complete the course
- Attend meetings, which may include: learning area meetings, Trade Training Centre meetings, Staff meetings, etc.
- Provide education, which aligns with Catholic Social Teaching and Ethos of the school.
- Maintain an efficient system for use and allocation of materials and equipment
- Maintain equipment and classroom
- Other duties as required by the Principal
Occupational health and Safety:
- Hold a current Working With Children card
- Required to complete a 1st Aid certificate
- VIT registration (Permission to Teach)
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment – TAE40110
- Abide by the College OH&S policies and procedures
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Certificate II or Higher in the qualification being delivered
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- 3 years industry experience is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working with Children check
- VIT registration or Permission to teach
Negotiable depending on experience.
Please include a cover letter and the position you are applying for.
Please note that interviews will commence immediately so please do not wait to apply.